Last week, we discussed how to know your offer to a candidate will be accepted here, so this week's part of the conversation was the final step. "So once we make the hire, how do we make sure we repeat this successfully?" She asked. "Then it's time for Hiring CSI," I said; with Who are you.. who who, who who? echoing in the background in my head. I mimed snapping latex gloves onto my hands.
"It's time... for a post mortem."
- Was the job profiled effectively/thoroughly and a good love letter written to the person wanted?
- Did you not only utilize job boards, but also your own internal workforce having each person share the job to their social networks, creating a mini-viral campaign for your open position?
- Was the technology or hiring/recruiting partners you've invested in used successfully? Were there areas that could be addressed to improve outcomes?
- Was every applicant followed up with and treated like a potential customer, stakeholder or shareholder? If not, how can this be improved?
- Were the right interview questions asked? Is anyone sitting in on interviews to help interviewers grow?
- Have you reviewed all feedback from hiring surveys provided to candidate and hiring manager? (surveys are a must - are they part of you or your hiring partners' standard workflow?)
- DO A POST MORTEM!
- Follow up with the hires after 90 days to find out whether the job met the expectation from the hiring process and check how they are producing for the company. Identify common traits amongst your top performers and work that into your love letters for similar positions/departments.
Who are we? HireMojo with RecruiterShare is a diverse team of individuals with over 65 years of combined hiring experience. We use our knowledge and know-how to help companies hire faster, easier and less expensively, while utilizing AI and software learning to reduce the amount of time it takes on all sides of the hiring equation. We design tools to help allow you to concentrate on the human parts of hiring – interviewing, negotiating and making the hire. Learn more about HireMojo here. We also design tools to help you expand your team by matching you with recruiters willing to administrate your entire hiring process at a fraction of traditional agencies. Learn more about RecruiterShare here.
Brian Vogel of sensibleHR says:
Like its parent HireMojo, RecruiterShare, is changing the landscape of recruiting. I have referred their services repeatedly to sensibleHR's clients and the level of high-touch service along with the speedy delivery of a premier candidate pool has been nothing short of jaw-dropping. Sure the initial mind-boggling low cost may be the initial hook, but it is the service from the stable of recruiters and quality candidates that drive the loyalty and high satisfaction.